Psychologist / Special Education Advisor / Speech Language Therapist | Wellington
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| JD - Learning Support - Speech Language Therapist.pdf (PDF, 205KB)
JD - Learning Support - Educational Psychologist.pdf (PDF, 205KB)
JD - Learning Support - Special Education Advisor.pdf (PDF, 208KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-May-2018|
Psychologist, Special Education Advisor, and Speech Language Therapist
Permanent and fixed term positions available
The Ministry of Education provides services to pre-school and school-age children through our Early Intervention Services, Behaviour Services and Support, and Communication Services.
Positions are available in the Greater Wellington Region in the following roles:
- Special Education Advisor
- Speech language therapist
The role of a specialist includes:
- Working with a team around the child, including educators, parents, caregivers and whānau, to enhance understanding about the child and their behaviours, and to collaboratively develop, implement and monitor an effective personalised learning plan.
- Helping the adult network around the child to make changes to the learning environment so that their behaviour can be more effectively managed and the situation can be stabilised/made safer. This includes supporting the child to develop more pro-social ways of responding, and improve their participation, wellbeing and learning outcomes.
- Facilitating access to wider services and support, in response to individual need, for example speech and language therapy and local agencies.
If you want to join us in making a real contribution to improving outcomes for New Zealand children, family and whānau, please apply now by clicking on the ‘Apply Online' button below.
As part of your application please include a cover letter together with CV, addressed to Andrea Williams, Manager Learning Support - Wellington, Ministry of Education. Can you please ensure you indicate what role/s you are interested in applying for within the title of your cover letter.
If previously applied for recent positions, no need to reapply.
You can view the position descriptions above or for further information contact Des James on Ph: 04 463 2845.
Applications close 27 May 2018.