Graduate Policy Analyst | Wellington
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Graduate Policy Analyst job description.pdf (PDF, 219KB)
|Application Close Date:||16-Jun-2018|
Ministry of Education Policy Graduate Programme 2019/20
The Ministry of Education is now hiring for our 2019/20 Policy Graduate Programme. We're seeking five smart, capable and flexible people to be a part of our high-performing policy community.
As a Graduate Policy Analyst, you'll be part of an 18-month development programme (ending in a permanent placement) to kick-start your career in policy. The programme will include rotation between policy teams and education subject areas.
During your development you'll make valuable contributions to the Ministry's work programme to positively impact your community and the New Zealand economy. You'll support teaching and learning practices and policy development from early childhood to tertiary education, provide advice for Ministers that informs Government education policy, draft speech notes, and coordinate Official Information Act responses. You could get involved in a variety of policy areas, ranging from funding policy to curriculum support; kaupapa Māori education to international education.
Most of all, you'll have the opportunity to shape our vision of lifting aspiration and raising educational achievement for every New Zealander.
A good candidate will:
- have completed their qualification (in the last 2 years or be in the final year) of an undergraduate or postgraduate qualification with an excellent academic record,
- be able to demonstrate a range of experiences and diverse interests outside of study such as voluntary or paid work, community involvement, or cultural intelligence,
- be flexible and able to work effectively in a fast-paced policy environment,
- have an understanding of the values of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and how they can be applied to support education success for Māori,
- have an analytical mind and be able to support arguments with research and evidence,
- be able to effectively work as part of a team to achieve great results; and
- be passionate about supporting all New Zealanders to succeed through education
How to Apply
OCG Consulting will be managing the recruitment process for these roles.
Please note that you need to follow the steps below for your application to be considered.
To apply, please go to www.ocg.co.nz and search for vacancy WSL62124OCG, or click on the following link:
Please include the following in your application:
- CV and covering letter, as a single word document. Please answer the following questions in your covering letter:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What do you think you could bring to this job?
- What do you see as the biggest challenge currently facing the education sector in NZ?
2. A full list of the papers you have taken (including those you are currently studying), and your grades achieved. Alternatively, attach your academic transcript.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact email@example.com