Service Manager | Hamilton
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| 2018-05-03 Service Manager R6 Job Description.pdf (PDF, 380KB)
|Application Close Date:||10-Jun-2018|
Do you want to make a positive difference to the lives of our youngest tamariki and their family and whānau?
We seek a highly experienced and capable person to lead a team of dedicated professionals in supporting children, their families, their schools and early childhood services. The children and young people we support experience a range of communication, behaviour and disability challenges.
As part of the management team you will contribute to service development, collaborative problem solving, and business planning across the Waikato District.
You will be able to demonstrate successful:
- Experience: in education or in social service delivery, including leadership and management roles
- Relationship skills: in working with families, and with education and social services, developing and sustaining win-win relationships
- Leadership skills: coaching, supporting, and motivating others to enhance their skills and create a positive working environment
- Management skills: working in a changing environment with staff and the sector, enhancing strategy and staff performance
- Service delivery skills: experienced in achieving outcomes through developing, managing, delivering and monitoring quality services
- Experience working with Māori whānau, facility and social sector staff, to deliver on Ka Hikitia and to raise achievement and reduce disparity for this group.
- This position will have responsibility for providing specialist service delivery into Māori medium settings in the Waikato Region. Experience in Māori medium education and fluency in Te Reo Māori would be highly desirable.
This is a permanent position based in Hamilton. The Ministry of Education has an equal opportunities policy and is committed to the principles of The Treaty of Waitangi. A current driver's licence is required.
For any queries please contact Rochelle McKenzie on 07 850 8880.
Applications close on 10th June 2018