Physiotherapist | Northland
|Position Type:||Part Time|
|Attachments:|| 2018-05-07 Physiotherapist Job Description.pdf (PDF, 247KB)
|Application Close Date:||04-Jun-2018|
Based at any of our offices: Whangarei, Kerikeri or Kaitaia (New Zealand)
Permanent part time
Are you an enthusiastic, highly motivated physiotherapist, looking for a new direction?
Would you like the opportunity to develop or broaden your career in education?
The Ministry of Education provides a friendly and supportive work environment where you will enjoy being part of a multidisciplinary team. We make a difference in supporting students to participate and learn at school.
Physiotherapists within the education sector:
- Observe, assess and work closely with students with physical needs who have been identified as having barriers to participating or learning.
- Support students to be able to manage themselves in their daily lives
- Identify, set up and provide advice about the environmental changes, support, equipment and technology a student may need
- Work collaboratively with students, their parents and caregivers, schools and other specialists to support them to participate and achieve educationally.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Physiotherapy or its equivalent
- The New Zealand Physiotherapy Board registration
- A current annual Practising Certificate
- A current driver's licence
- Relevant experience in paediatrics and/or Learning Support is preferred
Knowledge of tikanga and Te reo Māori would be an advantage, given our commitment to the principles of The Treaty of Waitangi.
If this opportunity interests you apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button (Ministry Careers Centre page). You can view the job description above or for further information contact Tony Hassan, phone 09 408 6931 or email email@example.com
Applications close 4 June 2018