Regional Transport Advisor - Dunedin | Dunedin
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - School Transport - Regional Transport Advisor - February 2018.pdf (PDF, 279KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-May-2018|
- Permanent - Fulltime
- Extensive relationship management experience is essential
Education Infrastructure Service (EIS) as a part of the Ministry manages one of the largest property portfolios in New Zealand, composed of over 2,100 primary and secondary State schools and over 8,000 hectares of land with a carrying value of $17.2 billion. EIS is also responsible for managing school payroll, school transport and for the delivery of information communication technology in schools. EIS undertakes around 3,000 projects per annum; a combination of Ministry and School led projects costing at least $800m per annum.
Where there are barriers of distance and a lack of public transport, School Transport Assistance provides a place on a school bus or an allowance to assist parents and caregivers to get their children to and from school. The School Transport team manages the funding, high level operational management and contracting of service providers that serve over 100,000 students eligible for assistance nationwide. These services comprise over 2,200 daily bus and technology routes and more than 70 clusters of schools requiring special needs transport all within a budget that is slightly less than $190 million per annum.
About the role
This is a role for a genuine people-person. Use your experience as a successful relationship manager to truly make a difference in young lives. The Regional Transport Advisor role within the School Transport team involves:
- Managing a regional network of school bus services and related school transport assistance. This will require discussion with a range of parties including school boards, principals, and bus controllers. You will also be liaising with local transport service providers about school transport related topics which includes student eligibility to services, route design, maintenance and funding.
- Being the Ministry's school transport representative for service delivery in the region. This will require collaboration across the Ministry's local, regional and national teams to ensure a Ministry-cohesive approach to using transport to overcome barriers to education caused by distance.
Please note there is more information provided in the attached Position Description.
It is essential that you have significant experience in a relationship management role and a qualification to tertiary level and/or relevant experience.
You will also offer:
- A full, clean New Zealand Class 1 Drivers Licence
- School or public transport service planning/management experience. (Desired but not mandatory)
- Knowledge of transport design and management systems. (Desired but not mandatory)
- Experience as a virtual team member. (Preferred)
There is more information in the Position Description attached, please review and if this opportunity interests you and you meet the requirements, please apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button.
For further information please contact Stephanie Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close midnight Sunday - 27 May 2018.