Occupational Therapist | Bay of Plenty
|Position Type:||Part Time|
|Attachments:|| 2018-05-11 Learning Support - Occupational Therapist Job Description.pdf (PDF, 205KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-May-2018|
Bay of Plenty - Waiariki, based in Taupo
Are you passionate about inclusive education and achieving great outcomes for students with additional learning needs? Do you want to live in the middle of the universe with New Zealand's best Lakes beach on your door step and where house prices are affordable? If the answers are yes and you have the skill set described below then we want to hear from you.
Applications are invited for a registered Occupational Therapist to join our team which provides services to preschool and school students with additional learning needs and severe, challenging behavior.
The successful applicant will be experienced in establishing effective working relationships with parents, families, whanau, educators, and other significant adults working with the young person and his/her family in order to provide a range of assessment, intervention and training services for students with additional and complex needs.
- Knowledge of the New Zealand school curriculum and early childhood curriculum, Te Whāriki
- Expertise in using a range of assessment and intervention strategies to enhance student academic skills
- Knowledge and experience in curriculum adaptation and differentiation
- Recent successful experience in engaging students who have challenging learning and/or behavior in school, preschool and community settings
- Understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and ability to work in a way that delivers equitable outcomes for Maori.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in culturally respectful ways with Maori students and whanau
- Ability to plan and manage time effectively to meet goals and outcomes
- A current New Zealand driver's license
- A degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- Occupational Therapy Board of New Zealand registration
- A current annual Practising Certificate
If this opportunity interests you apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button. You can view a job description above or for further information please contact Rebekah Wong at email@example.com
Applications close on 27 May 2018