Special Education Adviser | Southland
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| JD Special Ed. Advisor.pdf (PDF, 103KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-May-2018|
Special Education Adviser
Otago - Permanent, Full Time
Applications are invited from teachers, with relevant experience and qualifications, for a position in our Otago/Southland Learning Support Team in the Southland office.
The Ministry of Education - Learning Support is seeking candidates who have demonstrable knowledge, experience and skills in supporting children and young people with severe and challenging behaviours and students with severe disabilities. Applicants applying for the role must have relevant special education qualifications.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing a range of assessment and intervention services to children as well as establishing effective relationships with parents, families, whānau, educators and others working in the community.
Applicants for the position should be able to demonstrate the following key attributes:
- Ability to plan and manage time effectively to meet goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of the curriculum in school.
- Knowledge and understanding of inclusive education practices.
- Ability and willingness to work co-operatively as a team member in a range of contexts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity and commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
As part of your application please include a cover letter together with CV, addressed to Robyn Laidlaw, Site & Service Manager, Learning Support, Ministry of Education.
If this opportunity interests you apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button.
You can view a job descriptions above, and for further information please contact Robyn Laidlaw on 0275412937 or email@example.com .
Applications close 29 May 2018.