Lead Education Advisor | Whanganui
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Full Time|
|Attachments:|| 2018-05-15 Lead Education Advisor Job Description.pdf (PDF, 259KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-May-2018|
Taranaki, Whanganui, Manawatū
Lead Education Advisor
Full-time Fixed-term position based in Whanganui
(until June 2019)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Education Advisor in the Learning Support team based in Whanganui. The role presents an exciting and rewarding opportunity to work in an organisation committed to raising achievement and reducing disparity. We are in the midst of a positive change initiative that's setting a platform for New Zealand's young learners to be the best they can be.
Your key priorities will include:
- Providing advice and support to the Manager Learning Support;
- Leading and managing projects on behalf of the Manager Learning Support;
- Develop and lead change processes across the region;
- Developing and maintaining systems and processes;
- Maintaining effective relationship with internal and external stakeholders; and
- Ensuring activity in the regional office is aligned with national activity.
To be successful in this role you will need to be an exceptional communicator with proven skills in building and managing strong, effective relationships. You will have proven project management experience.
You will also offer:
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with student achievement data to determine needs and priorities;
- Cultural competence, capability and credibility and understanding the relevance of identity; language and culture for Māori, Pasifika and students with special education needs;
- An understanding of Ka Hikitia, the Pasifika Education Plan and Success for All and how these documents impact on the work; Successful experience of working with school leaders, Boards of Trustees or Communities of Learning | Kāhui Ako to strengthen school practice and raise student achievement;
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Please review the attached Position Description and if this opportunity interests you and you meet the requirements, please apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button.
For further information please contact Marlene Clarkson, Manager Learning Support, at email@example.com or phone 027 275 1450.
Applications close 27 May 2018.