Psychologist, Special Education Advisor, Early Intervention Teacher and Speech Language Therapist | Canterbury
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Special Education Advisor JD.pdf (PDF, 123KB)
SLT JD.pdf (PDF, 105KB)
EIT JD.pdf (PDF, 100KB)
Psychologist JD (2).pdf (PDF, 103KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-Jun-2018|
Psychologist, Special Education Advisor, Early Intervention Teacher and Speech Language Therapist
Canterbury Region - Permanent and fixed term
Do you want to make a positive difference to the lives of our children, young people and their family and whānau?
Ministry of Education Learning Support is charged with leading the sector in ensuring that children with additional learning needs achieve their full potential through education.
In supporting those children with additional learning needs, Learning Support specialists work closely with families, whānau, caregivers, schools, early childhood educators and agencies to help maximise learning, promote social inclusion and facilitate smooth transition through to life-long learning.
Specialist positions are available in the wider Canterbury Region in the following roles:
- Special education advisor
- Early intervention teacher
- Speech language therapist
The role of a specialist includes:
- Working with a team around the child, including educators, parents, caregivers and whānau, to enhance understanding about the child and their development, behaviours, and communication skills and to collaboratively develop, implement and monitor an effective personalised learning plan
- Helping the adult network around the child to make changes to the learning environment so that the child's support needs can be more effectively managed, supported and enhanced by the adults who are with them most often
- An ability to communicate effectively and work as a team with a wide range of professionals from education, health and social agencies.
If you want to join us in making a real contribution to improving outcomes for New Zealand children, family and whānau, please apply now by clicking on the ‘Apply Online' button below.
Please ensure you indicate in your cover letter, which role/s, from the list above, you are applying for.
You can view the position descriptions above or for further information contact Ann-Maree Fuller email@example.com.
Applications close 29 June 2018.