Psychologist/ Special Education Advisor/ Early Intervention Teacher | Hamilton
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| JD EIT 2017.pdf (PDF, 100KB)
JD Psychologist 2017.pdf (PDF, 103KB)
JD SEA.2017docx.pdf (PDF, 122KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Jun-2018|
Psychologist/ Special Education Advisor/ Early Intervention Teacher
Do you want to make a positive difference to the lives of our youngest tamariki and their family and whānau?
The Ministry of Education provides behaviour services to pre-school and school-age children through our Early Intervention and Behaviour Services. We are now recruiting a range of specialists to help us expand those services to reach an additional 1,000 children each year.
Four positions are available in the Waikato Region from one of the following roles:
- Psychologist, or
- Special Education Advisor, or
- Early Intervention Teacher
Consideration may be given to an Intern Psychologist
The positions will be based in the Hamilton office although there may be a possibility of negotiating a base in Thames.
The role of a specialist includes:
- Working with a team around the child, including educators, parents, caregivers and whānau, to enhance understanding about the chid and their behaviours, and to collaboratively develop, implement and monitor an effective personalised learning plan.
- Help the adult network around the child to make changes to the learning environment so that their behaviour can be more effectively managed and the situation can be stabilised/made safer. This includes supporting the child to develop more pro-social ways of responding, and improve their participation, wellbeing and learning outcomes.
- Facilitating access to wider services and support, in response to individual need, for example speech and language therapy and local agencies.
If you want to join us in making a real contribution to improving outcomes for New Zealand children, family and whānau, please apply now by clicking on the ‘Apply Online' button below. Please ensure you indicate what role/s you are interested in applying for within the title of your cover letter.
You can view the position descriptions above or for further information contact Rochelle McKenzie, 07 850 8896 or Rochelle.email@example.com
Applications close 25 June 2018