Education Adviser-Senior Adviser-ECE | Lower Hutt
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| October 2018 Education Adviser Senior Adviser ECE JD.pdf (PDF, 131KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Oct-2018|
Education Adviser - Senior Adviser-ECE
Based in Lower Hutt
We are offering a great opportunity to join an awesome team committed to increasing participation in quality Early Childhood Education (ECE). Education Advisers take a lead role in the licensing of ECE services and in leading projects that help to increase participation rates across the Ministry's Wellington Region. This is a full-time, permanent role based in the Ministry's regional office in Lower Hutt. It will involve travel across the Wellington region.
We are looking for a person with experience and knowledge which may include senior management experience in an early learning context, administration of early childhood services and curriculum delivery. Among the skills and knowledge you will bring are:
• A confidence and experience in working across a diverse range of early learning services and contexts
• Experience and success in dealing with complex relationships, including influencing and negotiation skills
• Experience in assessing information to make objective judgments against criteria and recommending courses of action
• Experience in contract/project planning and management
• The ability to analyse complex issues to produce clear and succinct written work
• A tertiary qualification in early childhood education or other relevant discipline
• A demonstrated ability to work within targeted communities to support Ministry priorities of enhancing educational outcomes for Māori, and Pasifika children and children from low socio-economic backgrounds.
The attached job description reflects the fact that this position will involve work in both licensing and participation work streams.
If this opportunity interests you apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button. For further information please contact Des James on 04 463 2845.
Applications close on Tuesday 23 October 2018