Occupational Therapist | Bay of Plenty
|Position Type:||Part Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Occupational Therapist.pdf (PDF, 101KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Oct-2018|
Bay of Plenty - Waiariki, based in Tauranga
0.6 fixed term position (Contractor) ASAP - Friday 28 June, 2019
Are you passionate about inclusive education and achieving great outcomes for students with additional learning needs?
Applications are invited for a registered Occupational Therapist to join our school team which provides services to students with additional learning needs.
The successful applicant will be experienced in establishing effective working relationships with parents, families, whanau, educators, and other significant adults working with the young person and his/her family in order to provide a range of assessment, intervention and training services for students with additional and complex needs.
- Knowledge of the New Zealand school curriculum and early childhood curriculum, Te Whāriki
- Expertise in using a range of assessment and intervention strategies to enhance student skills
- Expertise in assessment of equipment, to meet students' needs in the school context
- Knowledge and experience in curriculum adaptation and differentiation
- Understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and ability to work in a way that delivers equitable outcomes for Maori.
- Ability to plan and manage time effectively to meet goals and outcomes
- A current New Zealand driver's license
- A degree in Occupational Therapy or equivalent
- Occupational Therapy Board of New Zealand registration
- A current annual Practising Certificate
If this opportunity interests you apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button. You can view a job description above or for further information please contact Rebekah Wong at email@example.com
Applications close on Friday 26 October 2018.