Adviser | Wellington
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| 72976 - JD Adviser Sector Implementation.pdf (PDF, 162KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Oct-2018|
Adviser, Change and Implementation
Sector Enablement and Support
Based in Wellington
Would you like to join our team and help us in our quest to effectively manage change across the Ministry of Education?
Are you looking for a development role that will provide key transferrable skills? Have you worked on projects and observed how good change management can make a real difference? Are you keen to learn and develop your skills alongside other project and change professionals? If so, this role is for you!
Now is an exciting time at the Ministry of Education; there is plenty of complex change on the horizon. We are a team who love change and managing change effectively. We have an exciting opportunity for someone keen to learn and grow and contribute to our Implementation team within the national Sector Enablement and Support group. This group is the key interface between the Ministry and early learning providers, schools and kura.
The role of Adviser Implementation, provides support, advice and change management coordination to achieve the successful implementation of new initiatives and change into front line services across New Zealand. You will work closely with Ministry teams and other Government agencies to support the translation of high level policy and strategic intent into change management planning, design of services, and implementation approaches. You will ensure our staff are well supported to achieve quality outcomes.
The Adviser will work with the Manager Implementation to:
- Support and coordinate key change initiatives by applying best practice change methodologies and established approaches
- Use project management methodology to support effective change and implementation planning
- Provide support, tools and advice to the Management team to assist them to implement plans through brokering and coordinating service delivery and resources.
- Work in a collaborative way with key stakeholders to provide timely, creative, quality advice and support
- Maintain consistent support and visibility across projects, analysing for trends, emerging risks and issues, opportunities and solutions.
To be successful you will be:
- willing to learn and develop your skill base
- a team player and able to multi-task and juggle competing priorities
- happy to work in an agile and diverse environment
- able to work at pace to deliver quality work to tight deadlines
A full job description is attached. To submit your application, please use the “apply now” button.
For further information please contact Adrienne Darrah Adrienne.Darrah@education.govt.nz or call 04 439 5347
Applications close 9am Monday 22 October.