Business Group Finance Manager | Wellington
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| 181012 Business Group Finance Manager JD FINAL 2177.pdf (PDF, 155KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Oct-2018|
Business Group Finance Manager
Based in Wellington
At the Ministry of Education, our people shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes. Our sights are set on ensuring our education system serves every individual child and young person fairly, and creates the best foundation for equal opportunity. Our organisation is full of hugely talented people, from a wide range of backgrounds. They work collaboratively, setting goals and reaching them, to shape a world-leading education system. Our people are broadening their own horizons and, ensuring our education system is equipped to broaden the horizons of our children and young people, thus ensuring the best possible future for New Zealand.
About the role
The Manager Business Group Finance role is responsible for providing financial advice, information and analysis to help managers across our business groups to make timely and informed financial decisions, manage financial performance and to be accountable for public funds.
We are seeking an outstanding finance professional who understands Government decision making and operating procedures and who can strengthen our ability to provide effective financial management and support the Ministry's financial strategy.
As Manager Business Group Finance, you will:
- support the CFO in leading change
- support the development and implementation of the Ministry's financial strategy
- provide good quality reporting which focuses on the Ministry's financial position for both appropriations and business units
- work with the Leadership Team, Treasury and other key stakeholders so they understand our financial position
We are seeking an outstanding finance professional who understands Government decision making and operating procedures and:
- is a tertiary qualified accountant and holds qualified Chartered Accountant status within CAANZ or equivalent
- has experience in public sector accounting including appropriation management
- can effectively influence and provide specialist advice to senior managers
- demonstrates an ability to innovate using best practice financial reporting, modelling and strategic management for business advantage
If you'd like to bring your skills to a rewarding role within an organisation that's continuously reaching goals and striving for a better future for New Zealand, we'd love to hear from you
Are you ready to make a difference?
There is more information in the job description attached. Please review and if this opportunity interests you and you meet the requirements, please apply now using the apply online button.
For further information please contact Simolo Manase on 04 4638334
Applications close on Friday 26th October 2018.