Advisor on Deaf Children | Auckland
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| AODC Job Description (2).pdf (PDF, 351KB)
|Application Close Date:||01-Nov-2018|
Adviser on Deaf Children
Full Time Permanent Vacancies Auckland
Based in Botany and Henderson Offices
- Looking to make a positive difference
Are looking for an exciting opportunity?
The Ministry of Education provides services to deaf and hard of hearing children their families/whānau. This includes providing specialist advice and guidance to children and young people with sensori-neural or long-term conductive hearing loss, their families/whānau and support services.
You will need:
- An ability and willingness to establish good working relationships with children, their families/whānau , and work collaboratively with educators and other agencies
- Commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and the ability to work in a culturally sensitive manner
- Excellent written and oral skills, time management and organisational skills
- A Master of Special Education (Sensory Disabilities/Hearing Impairment) or a Diploma of Adviser on Deaf and Hearing-Impaired Children.
Applicants who do not have either of the required qualifications are required to complete the Master of Special Education (Sensory Disabilities/Hearing Impairment) within 4 years following appointment to an AoDC position
Resource of the Deaf (RTD) and Speech Language Therapists (SLT) may be considered for the position but will be required to complete a Master of Special Education (Sensory Disabilities)
The Ministry offers excellent opportunities for professional development and training and a friendly, supportive working environment
A current driver's licence is essential.
If this opportunity interests you, please submit your application using the 'Apply Online' button. Please indicate the office you are applying for
If you have any queries, you can contact Pat Trevan on 09 265 3009 or email@example.com
Applications close 1st November 2018.