Manager Education | Canterbury
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Manager Education.pdf (PDF, 163KB)
|Application Close Date:||21-Nov-2018|
Based in Christchurch
Now is an exciting time at the Ministry of Education. We are working differently with the profession and communities so that our education system can deliver the best outcomes for all our kids.
We are looking for a leader to join our Christchurch team to strengthen our support of educational achievement for all the region's learners. The role leads professionals working with schools, tertiary organisations, families and other key stakeholders to improve outcomes for children and young people and contribute to the effective stewardship of the education system.
Key priorities for the role are:
- Leading the provision of core services in a responsive and locally tailored manner to schools in Canterbury through a team of Advisers to achieve educational outcomes for the region
- Working with the Leaning Support teams to support and lift educational achievement of all young people
- Area planning and integrating work programmes
- Developing influential local connections and networks with iwi, communities and whānau to achieve priority outcomes for the region
- Building the capability of schools and their communities to take leadership of driving student achievement efforts
If you are looking for a rewarding challenge, this is a key role that will have a genuine impact on students and the community.
Applications close 21 November 2018