Financial Accountant | Wellington
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| 02 Financial Accountant External Reporting JD (1).pdf (PDF, 228KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Jan-2019|
Financial Accountant - External Reporting
Based in Wellington
The Ministry of Education is the government's lead advisor on the education system, shaping direction for the ministry, other government agencies and education providers.
An excellent opportunity exists for an energetic and enthusiastic Financial Accountant based in the Wellington CBD.
This role is part of the External Reporting team. The team is responsible for preparing and delivering the Ministry's external financial reporting outputs, including: the financial section of the Annual Report, baseline updates, Estimates, Supplementary Estimates, other reports required by Treasury and collating responses to Finance related OIAs, Parliamentary Questions and Select Committee questions. The Financial Accountant role is a key role that is responsible for ensuring quality and consistency of advice and practices in relation to their area of expertise. This is an interesting role as it requires interactions with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be:
• A Chartered Accountant (CA) or hold an equivalent qualification essential with a track record of delivering high quality financial reporting.
• Ideally with five years experience in Public Sector finance roles, good knowledge of machinery of government and the wider State Sector.
• Exceptional time management skills.
• Previous CFIS reporting experience would be desirable but not essential.
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy, along with excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
• Experience managing external statutory reporting and external audit processes.
If you have any specific questions or would like to discuss the role further, please contact Rowena Zurbito at (04) 463 8133.
Applications close Friday, 25 January 2019