Early Intervention Teacher / Special Education Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| JD - Learning Support - Early Intervention Teacher.docx (Word, 80KB)
JD - Learning Support - Special Education Advisor.docx (Word, 79KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Nov-2018|
Early Intervention Teacher and Special Education Advisor
2 Permanent positions available
The Ministry of Education provides support to pre-school and school-age children through our Early Intervention, Behaviour and Ongoing Resourcing Scheme (ORS) services.
Positions are available in the Greater Wellington Region in the following roles:
- Early Intervention Teacher
- Special Education Advisor
The role of a specialist includes:
- Working with a team around the child, including educators, parents, caregivers and whānau, to enhance understanding about the child and their learning and behaviour, and to collaboratively develop, implement and monitor an effective personalised learning plan.
- Helping the adult network around the child to make changes to the learning environment so that their behaviour can be more effectively managed and the situation can be stabilised/made safer. This includes supporting the child to develop more pro-social ways of responding, and improve their participation, wellbeing and learning outcomes.
- Facilitating access to wider services and support, in response to individual need, for example speech and language therapy and local agencies.
- Applicants must also have a Full New Zealand driver's licence as travel will be required.
If you want to join us in making a real contribution to improving outcomes for New Zealand children, family and whānau, please apply now by clicking on the ‘Apply Online' button below.
As part of your application please include a cover letter together with CV, addressed to Andrea Williams, Manager Learning Support - Wellington, Ministry of Education. Can you please ensure you indicate what role/s you are interested in applying for within the title of your cover letter.
If previously applied for recent positions, no need to reapply.
You can view the position descriptions above or for further information contact Des James on Ph: 04 463 2845.
Applications close on 23rd November 2018.