Service Desk Analyst | Canterbury
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job-Description- 2059 - Service Desk Analyst IT CHCH Dec.pdf (PDF, 139KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Jan-2019|
Service Desk Analyst
3 roles based in Canterbury
At the Ministry of Education, our people shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes. Our sights are set on ensuring our education system serves every individual child and young person fairly, and creates the best foundation for equal opportunity. Our organisation is full of hugely talented people, from a wide range of backgrounds. They work collaboratively, setting goals and reaching them, to shape a world-leading education system. Our people are broadening their own horizons and, ensuring our education system is equipped to broaden the horizons of our children and young people, thus ensuring the best possible future for New Zealand.
About the role
Are you looking for a new challenge in IT Service Desk Support?
Do you get a kick out of helping others, have excellent written and verbal communication skills?
Are you comfortable working in a challenging and fast paced environment?
If so, this role could be yours.
You'll gain experience providing IT Service Desk support across a broad variety of business technologies including; mobile devices, remote access, skype, application software, networking, printing, desktop, exchange, fileshare, internet support, hardware, user security and onsite support.
- To be successful in this role you will have at least 1-2 years' experience in an IT Service Desk environment using a call tracking system, preferably vFire. You will have experience in troubleshooting computer (hardware and software) and working knowledge of MS Office applications.
Do you have the following:
- An attraction for technology and navigating different systems
- A natural interest in helping people, and know how to build relationships quickly
- Excellent communications skills - you're a natural on the phone and can master a great email.
To thrive in this role you'll have:
- Sound customer service experience - preferably IT Service Desk
- Tact, diplomacy, patience
- Personal assertiveness and motivation
- Fast keyboard skills
- Ability to multi task and prioritise
- High attention to detail, thorough, meticulous and consistent
- A focus on results and solutions
If you'd like to bring your skills to a rewarding role within an organisation that's continuously reaching goals and striving for a better future for New Zealand, we'd love to hear from you.
Are you ready to make a difference?
There is more information in the position description attached, please review and if this opportunity interests please apply now attaching your CV and cover letter telling us why you are the best person for this job.
For further information please contact Monique Quinn email@example.com
Applications close on 23 January 2019