HRIS Systems Lead | Wellington
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| HRIS System Lead FINAL.pdf (PDF, 300KB)
|Application Close Date:||31-Jan-2019|
HRIS Systems Lead
Based in Wellington
At the Ministry of Education, our people shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes. Our sights are set on ensuring our education system serves every individual child and young person fairly, and creates the best foundation for equal opportunity. Our organisation is full of hugely talented people, from a wide range of backgrounds. They work collaboratively, setting goals and reaching them, to shape a world-leading education system. Our people are broadening their own horizons and, ensuring our education system is equipped to broaden the horizons of our children and young people, thus ensuring the best possible future for New Zealand.
About our group
Here at People Capability, we are all about the people. We collaborate and listen while working with people from far and wide across the Ministry. The ‘MYHR' team are focused on the day-to-day HR operational services and delivery of generalist information and advice to the Ministry's people leaders. We aspire to be a high performing operation where our customers are at the center of everything we do.
About the role
We have recently undertaken the implementation of a new HRIS and have identified a number of roles we need to fill to ensure that our new systems will continue to provide great benefits to the Ministry and as a result of this we are looking for a HRIS Systems Lead to join the team.
You will be responsible for leading the provision of expert systems support, guidance and direction supporting the operation and development of the Ministry's Human Resources systems, including the new HRIS system. If you have experience with HRIS (ideally SAP SuccessFactors) DocuSign, Springboard and JIRA and can use your first-class communication skills to translate from business to tech-speak then we are keen to meet you.
As HRIS Systems Lead at the Ministry of Education you will have the following skills and experience:
- Extensive technical knowledge of HR information systems, within a large, complex environment
- Advanced Excel skills (e.g. the use of complex Pivot Tables and Formulas)
- Extensive operational HRIS experience and the use of business intelligence software applications
- Experience in a system management role as well as using electronic data reporting tools, with SQL expertise is desirable
- Expert knowledge of HR practices and policies
- Experience in design methodologies and approaches
- Experience at a range of testing practices (e.g. Smoke Testing, Sanity Testing) and defect tracking (i.e Jira)
- Experience in release management of technical changes
- Proven ability in the development and self-management of work plans together with the proven ability to undertake a variety of tasks with minimal supervision
- Well-developed business writing skills
- Experience in change management methodologies and processes
- Experience in engaging customers and influencing/ managing expectations for desired outcomes
- Highly developed decision making and analytical skills
- Experience in leading, coaching and mentoring people is desired
If you'd like to bring your skills to a rewarding role within an organisation that's continuously reaching goals and striving for a better future for New Zealand, we'd love to hear from you.
There is more information in the position description attached, please review and if this opportunity interests you, please apply now using the “apply online” button.
For further information please contact Colin Bate 04 463 0919 or email@example.com
Applications close on 31 January 2019.