Speech Language Therapist | Manawatu
|Category:||Speech Language Therapist|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Part Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description.pdf (PDF, 1.77MB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Jan-2019|
Speech and Language Therapist
Fixed term part-time position (0.6 FTE) to cover parental leave until 12 August 2019
Based in our Palmerston North office
One of our Speech Language Therapists is preparing to go on parental leave and we are looking for someone to cover this role until 12 August 2019.
The successful applicant will be required to provide services for children with additional needs where they need support with communication in pre-school and school settings.
They will work with the parents, family, whānau and educators to implement strategies that improve outcomes for children and encourage inclusive education.
The work will involve participating in transdisciplinary collaborative teams and includes establishing effective relationships with parents, families and whānau, educators and others working in the community.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent teaming and relationship-building skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Culturally responsive practice
- A Bachelor of Speech and Language Therapy or equivalent qualification
- Eligibility for membership with the New Zealand Speech-Language Therapists' Association
- A current driver's licence
- Sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity and a commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
Please review the job description attached and if this opportunity interests you and you meet the requirements, please apply now using the ‘apply online' button.
For further information please contact Caroline Campbell on 06 350 9867 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Sunday 20th January 2019