Psychologist or Early Intervention Teacher | Otago/Southland
|Position Type:||Part Time|
|Attachments:|| LS JD Early Intervention Teacher .pdf (PDF, 209KB)
LS JD Psychologist.pdf (PDF, 228KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Jan-2019|
Psychologist / Early Intervention Teacher
Permanent - 22.8 hours per week (0.6 fte)
Located in Otago/Southland
The Ministry of Education is improving its services for children and young people that require additional support to meet their learning needs.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, versatile and highly motivated individual to work with learners with ongoing special education and behavioural needs in the Otago area, based in the Dunedin office.
The role would suit a registered psychologist or an early intervention teacher with relevant experience and qualifications. You will be responsible for providing high quality services to children in early childhood settings and schools with complex needs and challenging behaviour.
You will need:
- An ability and willingness to work in collaborative partnership with other professionals, agencies, families and the sector;
- An ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including an ability to sustain productive professional relationships;
- A genuine commitment to evidence based interventions which demonstrate inclusive education practice, the ability to develop skills of adults and contribute to raising student achievement;
- For Psychologists applying - a New Zealand Psychologist Board registration and current Practicing Certificate;
- Sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity and a commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
A current New Zealand driver's licence is essential and experience in the NZ education system would be an advantage.
If you're looking for a challenge this year, don't miss this opportunity to contribute to improving the education of our children and young people with learning support needs.
For a confidential enquiry or more information please contact Gary McClintock, 0277426805 or email@example.com
Applications close on th 25 January 2019