Education Advisor ECE | Bay of Plenty
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Education Advisor ECE Job Description.pdf (PDF, 516KB)
|Application Close Date:||15-Feb-2019|
Education Advisor ECE
Based in Bay of Plenty
Do you have a passion for improving educational outcomes for children and their families? Are you currently in the education sector and ready to take another career move?
Now is an exciting time at the Ministry of Education. We are working differently with the sector and communities so that our education system can deliver the best outcomes for children and whānau.
The Ministry's highest priorities are to raise achievement for all. Participation in quality early learning is a priority. This role will give you the opportunity to work collaboratively with the sector, parents, families and whānau and communities to develop local solutions that will increase participation and improve quality early learning provision.
Education Advisors take a lead role in the licensing, certification of early childhood education (ECE) services and participation initiatives. This requires excellent relationship management skills and an in depth knowledge of the education sector at a senior level.
If you are able to evidence your experience in the following areas we would like to hear from you:
- The confidence to work across a diverse range of services and contexts.
- Strong networks and experience working with Māori medium and Pacific ECE services.
- Have experience in assessing information to make objective judgments against criteria and recommending courses of action.
- Have the ability to analyse complex issues to produce clear and succinct written work with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Have experience in dealing with complex relationships, including influencing and negotiation skills.
- A qualification in early learning is desirable.
The successful candidate appointed to the Bay of Plenty - Waiariki region and will be based in the Tauranga Office. They will join a supportive and performance-driven team environment.
If this opportunity interests you apply now using the 'Apply Online' button. You can view a job description as attached or for further information please contact Alison Jones at: Alison.Jones@education.govt.nz
Applications close on Friday 15 February 2019