SAF | Hamilton
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| SAF Practitioner JD.pdf (PDF, 304KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Feb-2019|
Change Management Focus
Student Achievement Function (SAF) Practitioner
Do you want to make a positive difference to student achievement through working with kura and schools?
Now is an exciting time at the Ministry of Education. We are in the midst of a positive change initiative that is setting a platform for New Zealand's young learners to be the best they can be. Our vision is ultimately about ensuring children and young people succeed personally and achieve academically so in years to come, they are productive, valued and competitive in the world. We want New Zealand and New Zealanders to lead globally and enjoy fulfilling lives.
As a SAF Practitioner you will take a strategic view to significantly improve outcomes for priority learners, Māori students, Pasifika students and students with special education needs.
This is a unique opportunity to make your mark, and be part of a dynamic multi-disciplinary team. We want to hear from you if you possess a passion for driving and lifting achievement for our children and young people, and:
- have a core knowledge and understanding of the New Zealand education system and relevant legislation and applicable criteria
- have proven experience in working together with kura and schools and their communities to drive an inquiry-based change process through to accelerated progress and achievement for students in your region to help them better understand, plan and adapt to meet the needs of their students;
- can work with kura and schools to create urgency and know what brought about improved outcomes so that change can be sustained, replicated and adapted;
- can support schools to infuse students' identity, language and culture within their learning environment;
- have credibility to work within Māori, Pasifika and Special Education contexts;
- have experience working within a project management framework and
Ideally you would have a successful leadership background in an education setting.
If this opportunity interests you apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button. You can view a job description below. If you have any queries, you can contact Rochelle on 07 850 8896.
Applications close on midnight of 22nd Feburary 2019.