Policy Analyst/s | Wellington
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| JD - Policy Analyst - February 2019.pdf (PDF, 284KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Feb-2019|
- Permanent - Fulltime
- Contribute to major policy projects
Education Infrastructure Service (EIS), a part of the Ministry of Education, creates and supports safe, healthy, inspiring and ICT enabled learning environments. EIS manages the Crown's second largest property portfolio of around 2,500 schools with a book value of $17.8 billion, is responsible for the largest payroll in the country, and transports over 100,000 students to and from school each day.
About the role
You will be part of a collaborative team responsible for setting the strategic direction and developing policies to support the sound management of school infrastructure across the country. The work is wide ranging and varied and includes funding, facilities, land and environment, and health and safety policies. It also includes responding to queries and contributing to work across the Ministry of Education and other government agencies.
Please note further information is available in the attached Job Description.
You will have a tertiary qualification in public policy, education, resource management, economics, law or relevant disciplines or with equivalent experience.
You will also offer:
- Demonstrated expertise in public policy analysis and the provision of advice to government
- An understanding of New Zealand's political, economic, cultural and social structures
- Excellent, oral and written communications, including the ability to present complex issues clearly and concisely
- A thorough understanding of New Zealand's machinery of government and legislative processes.
Please review the Position Description and if this opportunity interests you, and you meet the requirements, apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button.
For further information please contact Stephanie Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close midnight - Wednesday 27 February 2019.