Lead Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| JD Lead Adviser Service Design.pdf (PDF, 308KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Feb-2019|
About the Ministry
The Ministry of Education works to shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes. Our sights are set on ensuring our education system serves every individual child and young person fairly, and creates the best foundation for equal opportunity.
Our organisation is full of hugely talented people, from a wide range of backgrounds. They work collaboratively, setting goals and reaching them, to shape a world-leading education system.
Our people are broadening their own horizons and, ensuring our education system is equipped to broaden the horizons of our children and young people, thus ensuring the best possible future for New Zealand.
We need a passionate and experienced design thinker who can help us translate ideas and opportunities into tangible outcomes, work effectively with our stakeholders and provide a significant contribution to advancing design thinking within our group.
As the Lead Adviser Service Design you will work in our Strategy and Implementation team within Sector Enablement and Support. You will lead significant pieces of work, supporting sector leaders and communities to have access to the service design expertise that will allow our children and young people to reach their full potential.
To be successful you will need;
- A proven track record in delivering and advancing Design Thinking within a large and complex organisation.
- Lead collaborative working relationships within SE&S, across the Ministry and key stakeholders to design and develop initiatives, products and services that will ensure quality outcomes are achieved for the sector.
- Provide leadership to help others track, anticipate and respond to emerging issues that pose potential risk.
- Prepare documents to assist in decision-making and so that approval for priority initiatives is gained.
- Provide specialist input into policy design.
- Interpret research and data from a wide range of sources, reporting and analysis and evaluation, to support the design and development of initiatives. Facilitate a change and inquiry process where required.
- Build products and services taking them from concept and prototype to implementation.
- As appropriate, identify root causes of risks and / or issues and develop appropriate ways to mitigate these so improved outcomes are achieved.
- Develop and source frameworks and methods in best practice to support design and implementation.
- Lead in the preparation of Ministerial correspondence, Parliamentary questions, briefing notes, speech notes, Official Information Act requests, Cabinet papers and reports.
What's on offer
If you'd like to bring your skills to a rewarding role within an organisation that's continuously reaching goals and striving for a better future for New Zealand, we'd love to hear from you.
Please review the Job Description attached and if this opportunity interests you and you meet the requirements, please apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button.
Applications close midnight - Sunday 24 February 2019.