School Property Officer | Napier
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| JD - School Property Officer - January 2019.pdf (PDF, 287KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Feb-2019|
- Permanent - Fulltime
- Kickstart your property portfolio career!
Education Infrastructure Service (EIS), a part of the Ministry of Education, creates and supports safe, healthy, inspiring and ICT enabled learning environments. EIS manages the Crown's second largest property portfolio of around 2,500 schools with a book value of $17.8 billion, is responsible for the largest payroll in the country, and transports over 100,000 students to and from school each day.
Infrastructure Advisory Services is a team within the Education Infrastructure Service which provides support and guidance to state schools in the management of crown owned property and in undertaking property related work on school land and buildings.
About the role
The School Property Officer (SPO) is part of EIS's front-line service delivery Infrastructure Advisory Services (IAS) Group and is primarily responsible for:
- Supporting Property Advisors across the region in asset management related tasks including processing of funding applications/payments and property plans.
- Fostering and managing external relationships by responding to queries and information requests in a timely and informative manner.
This position is an opportunity for someone with administration and financial skills who has an interest in asset management. It will give you a flavour of what property portfolio management within the Ministry involves, leading to more specialised work as your career progresses through the organisation. Because the Ministry is one of New Zealand's largest and diverse infrastructure owners, that career will provide opportunities to experience every facet of asset related disciplines available in this country.
Please note that there is more information available in the attached Job Description.
If you consider yourself to be an efficient and organised self-starter with a high work ethic; this position offers a fantastic opportunity to develop a career in a challenging and rewarding environment.
You will also offer:
- Experience working within a property related team (Ideally)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and a systematic approach to processing documentation
- A demonstrated knowledge of data management processes
- Highly developed relationship management and customer service skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Office and financial systems.
Please review the Position Description attached and if this opportunity interests you, and you meet the requirements please apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button.
For further information please contact Stephanie Phillips at email@example.com
Applications close midnight - Sunday 24 February 2019.