Special Educaiton Advisor | Manawatu
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| 2018-05-10 Special Education Advisor Job Description.pdf (PDF, 109KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Mar-2019|
Special Education Advisor
Taranaki, Whanganui, Manawatū Region
Full-time permanent position based in our Palmerston North office
Are you an experienced innovative practitioner who is ready for a new challenge and variety in your career?
We are seeking a person who is ready for new opportunities, who is enthusiastic, versatile and highly motivated to work in the Palmerston North area.
Specialist subject expertise in either behaviour or speech and language therapy interventions would be an advantage.
This position requires the applicant to work flexibly across early childhood and school settings to embed inclusive education.
You will be responsible for providing high quality learning support services to educators and whānau of children with complex needs in school settings and early childhood settings.
You will need:
- A post-graduate degree or diploma in education, special education or related discipline relevant to the focus of the position (e.g. family work, disability or mental health)
- An ability and willingness to work in collaborative partnership with other professionals, agencies, whānau and the sector
- An ability to work as part of a transdisciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including an ability to sustain productive professional relationships
- A genuine commitment to evidence based interventions which demonstrate inclusive education practice and contribute to raising student achievement
- Sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity and a commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
- A current full driver's license.
If you are interested in this rewarding role please apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button.
For further information please contact Caroline Campbell on (06) 350 9867 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close midnight - Sunday 24 March 2019.