Property Advisor | Otago/Southland
|Category:||Property & Infrastructure|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| JD - Property Advisor - December 2018.pdf (PDF, 548KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Mar-2019|
- Fixed Term to December 2020 - Full time
- Relationship Management
Education Infrastructure Service (EIS), a part of the Ministry of Education, creates and supports safe, healthy, inspiring and ICT enabled learning environments. EIS manages the Crown's second largest property portfolio of around 2,500 schools with a book value of $17.8 billion, is responsible for the largest payroll in the country, and transports over 100,000 students to and from school each day.
About the role
You will be providing advice and support for the management of a portfolio of schools over the short, medium and long term to meet ongoing and future educational requirements.
Your Key Priorities will include:
- Working with individual School Boards of Trustees in developing an asset management plan so they are effectively managing and maintaining their school property and infrastructure.
- Developing effective relationships and trust with schools.
- Following and working within Ministry and EIS policy, procedures and guidelines and providing the right advice to schools.
- Working collaboratively across the team to share technical knowledge and experience with others so all portfolios are well supported and there is consistent delivery of service.
- Working collaboratively with other teams within the Ministry and EIS to provide effective property and infrastructure solutions that support teaching and learning.
To be successful in this role you will need to be an exceptional communicator with proven skills in building and managing strong, effective relationships.
You will also offer:
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement initiatives and achieve positive results
- Ability to interpret, plainly articulate the intent, and apply policy appropriately
- Ability to manage and prioritise competing demands
- Relevant professional qualification or experience such as asset management, project management or construction.
Please review the Position Description attached and if this opportunity interests you, and you meet the requirements please apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button.
For further information please contact Stephanie Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close midnight - Sunday 24 March 2019.