Senior Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| JD Senior Advisor, IMER.pdf (PDF, 308KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Mar-2019|
Senior Adviser, Iwi and Maori Education Relationships
Sector Enablement and Support
An exciting opportunity has come up for a skilled professional to join the Iwi and Māori Education Relationships team within our national Sector Enablement and Support group. The team is responsible for accelerating Māori educational achievement and seeking equitable outcomes and the promotion of Māori identity, language and culture.
This role will support the Chief Advisor, Iwi and Māori Education Relationships in relation to the Ministry's investment in supporting initiatives that enable Māori learners to participate, engage and achieve as Māori in and through the education system. This includes ensuring Māori education needs and aspirations are at the forefront of decision-making and business performance improvement initiatives and provide specialist support and advice on the design, development and implementation of culturally responsive strategies to ensure improved educational, social and cultural outcomes for Māori.
This is an opportunity to use your skills to make a real difference in this important area. To be successful, you will need to be an excellent communicator, writer and analyst with proven skills in building and managing strong, effective relationships. In addition, you will need:
- a relevant tertiary qualification
- experience providing advice to inform decisions
- significant experience with managing programmes of work
- an ability to negotiate with peers and those senior to ensure the delivery of written material and respond to requests
- high-level ability to write with clarity, present cogent arguments, and deliver messages across a range of formats
- high-level analytical skills that define a problem, evaluate alternatives, find a solution, and make effective decisions
- advanced influencing, relationship management and stakeholder engagement skills
- education sector experience or the ability to develop understanding quickly.
To view a full job description, or to submit your application, please use the “apply now” button.
For further information please contact Bentham Ohia at email@example.com
Applications close midnight Sunday, 24 March 2019.