Principal Adviser | Wellington
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| JD - Principal Adviser.pdf (PDF, 253KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Mar-2019|
Strategy & Implementation
Based in Wellington
Now is an exciting time at the Ministry of Education. We are working differently with the profession and communities to help our education system deliver the best outcomes for our kids.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly experienced professional to join our national Sector Enablement and Support group. This group is the key interface between the ministry and early learning providers, schools and kura. The role of Principal Adviser to the Associate Deputy Secretary, Strategy & Implementation is key to the smooth and effective coordination and delivery of a diverse and interesting work programme.
About the role
The Principal Adviser will:
- Provide advice and information to the Associate Deputy Secretary, Strategy and Implementation on key issues.
- Ensure effective information flow between the Associate Deputy Secretary and direct reports in Strategy and Implementation, and Learning Support, and with other key relationships across National Office to coordinate effort, identify risks, broker solutions, and ensure action is taken as required.
- Work collectively to support sustainable and long term improvement to system and customer outcomes.
You will need:
- Excellent oral and written communications and a strong results focus.
- The ability to respond flexibly to changing circumstances and requirements as they arise.
- Well developed critical thinking and sound judgement, and the ability to analyse information, develop options and think strategically.
- Readiness and ability to question assumptions and practices, and develop innovative solutions.
- The ability to deal comfortably with senior managers within the Ministry and across government.
- Knowledge of machinery of government and ability to navigate organisational structures and processes.
For a confidential enquiry or more information please contact Susan Howan at Susan.email@example.com.
To view a job description or to submit your application, please use the “apply now” button.
Applications close - midnight 26 March 2019.