Service Manager | Whangarei
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Service Manager Job Description (2) 2018.pdf (PDF, 152KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Apr-2019|
Learning Support, Tai Tokerau
“Kotahi te kōhao o te ngira i kuhuna ai te miro mā, te miro pango, te miro whero;
There is but one eye of the needle through which must pass the white, the black and the red thread.”
Live in unity but hold fast to your values and principles: Pōtatau Te Wherowhero (1860) 1st Maōri King
We are seeking a highly experienced, courageous, creative and capable manager for Learning Support, Tai Tokerau district, based in Whangarei, to lead and work with teams of dedicated professionals in supporting children and their families in schools and early childhood services.
Our focus is on raising the confidence of educators, parents, families, whānau and communities through building knowledge and skills, promoting clear service pathways, resourcing and working closely with others to support achievement for children and young people with a range of communication, behaviour and other complex needs
We are looking for applicants who can courageously lead, support and manage multi-disciplinary teams and work closely with Resource Teacher Learning Behaviour (RTLB) and other partners to provide additional specialist support to children, young people, their families / whānau, schools and early childhood centres. As part of the management team you will contribute to strategic business planning, service development, and collaborative problem solving.
You will be able to demonstrate successful experience:
- Working with Māori, whānau, hapū, iwi, marae and community organisations,
- Being able to reflect the contribution of Te Reo, Tikanga and Mātauranga Maori knowledge and competencies in service delivery,
- Working with Pasifika populations, organisations and community groups,
- In leadership and management preferably in the education sector,
- Managing changing environments with staff, other agencies, and the education sector,
- Working with families, whānau, education, health and social service agencies in developing and sustaining effective relationships,
- Creating a positive working environment using leadership skills, coaching, supporting and motivating others,
- Achieving outcomes for children and young people through developing, managing, delivering and monitoring quality services
Fluency in Te Reo Maōri and proficiency in Tikanga Māori is not a requirement but would be an advantage.
The position is permanent. The Ministry of Education has an equal opportunities policy and is committed to the principles of The Treaty of Waitangi. A current driver's licence is required.
If this opportunity interests you, apply now using the “Apply Online” button. If you have any queries, you can contact Janet MacInnes on 09 436 8927.
Application close 23 April 2019