Senior Data Analyst | Wellington
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - EIS Business Systems - Senior Data Analyst - April 2019.pdf (PDF, 383KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Apr-2019|
- Permanent - Fulltime
- Data, information management systems and technology
Education Infrastructure Service (EIS), a part of the Ministry of Education, creates and supports safe, healthy, inspiring and ICT enabled learning environments. EIS manages the Crown's second largest property portfolio of around 2,500 schools with a book value of $17.8 billion, is responsible for the largest payroll in the country, and transports over 100,000 students to and from school each day.
The EIS Business Systems team works with other Ministry stakeholders to ensure the effective, pragmatic, smart reuse and management of data, information management systems and technology across EIS. This activity supports efficiencies in BAU and new business activity as well as ensuring business information and systems are performing optimally delivering expected outcomes and are fit for purpose.
About the role
This role is responsible for contributing to the work required to provide quantitative and qualitative analysis to assist with policy development processes, financial analysis and strategic planning and the gathering of relevant business information in order for respective management teams to make informed decisions.
Your key priorities will include:
- Contributing to the Data Warehouse design and architecture of the EIS Data Warehouse environment
- Supporting the EIS Information Design, Modelling, Analysis, Presentation and Reporting Capability
- Resource Monitoring, Evaluation and Quality Assurance
- Report creation and analysis.
Please note that there is further information in the attached Position Description.
You will be a successful Data Analyst who has a strong passion and understanding of data and information design, modelling, acquisition to central data stores and presentation of data. Ideally you will have experience working in a role requiring analysis of complex issues and the proven ability to deliver, and will have some Data Warehouse design and implementation experience and an understanding of the core principles of good Data Warehouse design.
You will also offer:
- significant, relevant experience
- the ability to communicate at both a general business level and technical level
- sound understanding of analytical methodologies and the ability to effectively apply these to understand practical issues
- a relevant tertiary or industry qualification e.g. statistics, mathematics, psychology, science
- ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve results.
Please review the Position Description attached and if this opportunity interests you, and you meet the requirements, please apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button.
For further information please contact Stephanie Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close midnight - Monday 22 April 2019.