Psychologist/Special Education Adviser/EI Teacher | Otago/Southland
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Full Time|
|Attachments:|| 3. Early Intervention Teacher JD in new template - 2018.pdf (PDF, 287KB)
4. Psychologist JD in new template - 2018 (1).pdf (PDF, 554KB)
6. Learning Support Advisor JD in new template - 2018 (5) (1).pdf (PDF, 601KB)
|Application Close Date:||30-May-2019|
Psychologist/Special Education Adviser/Early Intervention Teacher
Fixed Term Full-time
Do you want to make a positive difference to the lives of our youngest tamariki and their family and whānau?
The Ministry of Education provides behaviour services to pre-school and school-age children through our Earlier Intervention Services and Behaviour Services and Support.
An opportunity now exists for a fixed-term position of Psychologist/Special Education Adviser/Early Intervention Teacher to join our team based in Dunedin on a full-time basis commencing immediately until 2 June 2020.
The role includes:
- Working with a team around the child, including educators, parents, caregivers and whānau, to enhance understanding about the chid and their behaviours, and to collaboratively develop, implement and monitor an effective personalised learning plan.
- Help the adult network around the child to make changes to the learning environment so that their behaviour can be more effectively managed and the situation can be stabilised/made safer. This includes supporting the child to develop more pro-social ways of responding, and improve their participation, wellbeing and learning outcomes.
- Facilitating access to wider services and support, in response to individual need, for example speech and language therapy and local agencies.
This position will require travel around the Otago region. A current New Zealand full driver's licence is required.
If you want to join us in making a real contribution to improving outcomes for New Zealand children, family and whānau, please apply now by clicking on the ‘Apply Online' button below.
You can view the position descriptions above or for further information contact Gary McClintock on 03 467 7945 or at email@example.com
Applications close midnight - 30 May 2019.