Performance and Quality Lead | Manawatu
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| JD - Per & Quality Lead April 2019 (1).pdf (PDF, 310KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-May-2019|
Performance and Quality Lead
Taranaki, Whanganui, Manawatū region
Full-time permanent position based in New Plymouth, Whanganui or Palmerston North
Do you want to make a difference to education for young New Zealanders?
We are looking for someone that can lead change through leadership and management and can influence and enthuse others through personal advocacy, vision and drive, in collaboration with colleagues.
This role is accountable for the oversight of regional performance and quality, with a clear understanding of the drivers of performance, within a national context. It identifies and leads capability building and professional development on behalf of the region.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager Learning Support, you will:
- be accountable for the oversight of regional performance to lead and grow a continuous improvement culture based on principles, recognised quality standards, and effective monitoring and reporting
- identify and lead capability building and professional development on behalf of the region
- provide leadership and people management to a team of seven direct reports.
Your role will also include:
- influencing and engaging others in the improvement of the system performance
- building strong relationships and credibility within the Ministry and across the sector, and
- inform service and practice by being data informed and outcome focused
- leading others through change.
To be successful in this role you will have significant experience in leading delivery of continuously improving quality outcomes.
You will also offer:
- experience in quality management and a clear understanding of the drivers of performance
- ability to understand multiple roles and relate to a wide range of staff for the purpose of service and practice support
- ability to use and interpret data in order to influence decisions
- demonstrated ability to solve complex, systemic or unique problems
- strong stakeholder engagement and relationship management skills, and
- an understanding of the Treaty of Waitangi and its implications for the work of the Ministry of Education.
Are you ready to make a difference?
If you'd like to bring your skills to a rewarding role within an organisation that's continuously reaching goals and striving for a better future for New Zealand, we'd love to hear from you.
There is more information in the position description attached, please review and if this opportunity interests you and you meet the requirements, please apply now using the apply online button.
For further information, or a confidential enquiry, please contact Jane Hawkins-Jones at email@example.com or 06 757 6403.
Applications close midnight - 27 May 2019.