Graduate Policy Analyst | Wellington
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| GPA JD March 2019.pdf (PDF, 600KB)
|Application Close Date:||30-Jun-2019|
Nau Mai, Haere Mai ki Te Tāhuhu o te Mātauranga
Ministry of Education Policy Graduate Programme 2020/21
Applications are now open until 30 June 2019 for the Te Tāhuhu o Te Mātauranga | Ministry of Education 2020 Policy Graduate Programme intake.
About the programme:
We are seeking up to six driven, capable and flexible people to be a part of our high-performing policy community!
As a Graduate Policy Analyst, you'll be part of an 18-month development programme to kick-start your career in policy. The programme will include two nine-month placements in different policy teams to give you experience in a variety of policy kaupapa and education subject areas.
Most of all, our Graduate programme will provide you with opportunities to help shape an education system that delivers equitable and excellent outcomes for ākonga (learners), whānau and families, communities and wider New Zealand.
Who should apply?
We welcome applications from all backgrounds. As an organisation we strive to represent the communities that we serve.
Successful graduates from previous years have completed studies in Māori Studies, economics, science, engineering, law, commerce, international studies and politics to name but a few!
We would love to receive your application if you:
- are in your final year of study, or have graduated (degree equivalent)
- have a genuine interest in working in policy and making a difference to Aotearoa New Zealand
- are creative and flexible and able to work effectively in a fast-paced ambiguous environment
- have an understanding of the values of Te Tiriti o Waitangi and how they can be applied to support education success for Māori ākonga and their whānau;
- can effectively work as part of a team to achieve great results; and
- are passionate about supporting all New Zealanders to succeed through education.
How to Apply
Applications are open from 30 May 2019 to 30 June 2019 and will be managed by the OCG recruitment company.
To apply, please visit www.ocg.co.nz and search for vacancy reference number WSL65269OCG, or click on the following link: https://www.ocg.co.nz/resources/jobs/graduate-policy-analysts-ministry-of-education/WSL65269OCG
You will be directed to an online application form that will ask you a series of questions and enable you to submit your CV and academic record.
When applying for this position you will be prompted to provide answers to the following questions:
- Why are you interested in this position?
- What do you think you could bring to this job?
- What do you see as the biggest challenge currently facing the education sector in NZ?
If you have any questions about the positions or the application process, please contact Wendy Sleath at OCG Consulting on 021 458 557 (phone or text) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.