Psychologist/ Special Education Advisor | Canterbury
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Psychologist JD (1).pdf (PDF, 312KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Jun-2019|
PSYCHOLOGIST / Special Education Advisor
- Permanent full-time position
- South Canterbury, based in the Timaru office
We have an opportunity for a Registered Psychologist or Special Education Advisor to join our Learning Support team working to achieve better educational outcomes for children and students.
The role will suit a person with experience of working with families and educators within the New Zealand education sectors. Knowledge of the New Zealand curriculum would be an advantage.
This role is across Schools and Early Education Centres. It contributes to the provision of services to those will challenging behaviour and with disability or additional learning needs.
We are looking for someone who
- has demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively as part of a multi- disciplinary team
- is able to provide ecological assessments,
- can work with a team to develop education based interventions,
- facilitate adult training
- support educators in developing inclusive practices.
The person will need strong written and oral communication skills and be able to quickly establish effective relationships with whānau, parents, families, educators and key providers within the community.
An awareness and sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity, a commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi and the Māori education strategy ‘Ka Hikitia', is essential.
Applicants must hold a current New Zealand driver's license and be either
- registered, or eligible for NZ registration, as a Psychologist
- or New Zealand Registered Teacher , full practising certificate.
The Ministry of Education has an equal opportunities policy.
If this opportunity interests you apply now using the ‘Apply Online' button.
For further information please email Atholea Shanks at - Atholea.firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Midnight - Wednesday 26 June 2019.