Learning Support Adviser/Psychologist | Southland
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Learning Support Advisor JD .pdf (PDF, 306KB)
Psychologist JD (2).pdf (PDF, 305KB)
|Application Close Date:||21-Jun-2019|
Learning Support Adviser or Psychologist
The Ministry of Education Otago/Southland provides a very friendly and supportive working environment where an emphasis is placed on the development of professional skills and responsive service delivery.
An opportunity exists for a Learning Support Adviser or Psychologist to join our team based in Invercargill on a permanent full-time basis. The successful applicant may also be required to provide services across Otago/Southland.
The successful applicant will:
- have demonstrable knowledge, experience and skills in supporting children and young people with severe and challenging behaviours and students with severe disabilities
- be responsible for providing a range of assessment and intervention services to children as well as establishing effective relationships with parents, families, whānau, educators and others working in the community
- have relevant qualifications
- have a current driver's licence.
Applicants for the position should be able to demonstrate the following key attributes:
- Ability to plan and manage time effectively to meet goals and objectives
- Knowledge of the curriculum in schools
- Knowledge and understanding of inclusive education practices
- Ability and willingness to work co-operatively as a team member in a range of contexts
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Sensitivity to cultural and ethnic diversity and commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
The Ministry of Education has an equal opportunities policy and is committed to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi.
If this opportunity interests you go to www.education.govt.nz/careers to apply online.
For further information contact Robyn at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close midnight 21 June 2019.