Education Adviser (Senior) | Auckland
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description - Education Adviser-Snr.pdf (PDF, 256KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Jun-2019|
Education Adviser (Senior)
- Permanent full-time
- Based in Auckland
Do you want to make a difference?
The Ministry of Education's vision is ensuring children succeed personally and achieve academically, so in years to come they are productive, valued in their community and competitive in the world.
Your key priorities will include:
- Working with individual kura/schools and Communities of Learning | Kāhui Ako to significantly improve their student achievement
- Using detailed analysis of schools/kura performance and student achievement to influence change and maximise education outcomes for students
- Brokering support for schools/kura where potential is identified - this may include building capability and strengthening governance and management, regulatory compliance, curriculum, monitoring and assessment, student and whānau, family and community engagement
To be successful in this role you will need to be an exceptional communicator with proven skills in building and managing strong, effective relationships.
You will also offer:
- Cultural competence, capability, credibility and understanding the relevance of identity; language and culture for Māori, Pasifika, English Language Learners and students with additional learning needs
- An understanding of Ka Hikitia, the Pasifika Education Plan and Success for All and how these documents impact on schools
- Successful experience of working with school leaders, Boards of Trustees or Communities of Learning | Kāhui Ako to strengthen school practice and raise student achievement
- A relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent
If this is you then apply now using the ‘Apply for this job' button. You can view the job description (attached) or for further information please contact Atarangi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close midnight of Sunday 23rd June 2019.